Thursday, February 21, 2013

All I want is Two More Feet

So I was browsing the Ryan Home website and noticed the few revisions to the Ravenna model including a 2 foot extension to the garage. I drive the 2013 Pathfinder and the hubby and Altima so we were a less than thrilled with the standard size of the garage. In addition to our cars, we typically have the lawn mower, kid's bikes, etc in our garage. 


We inquired about a 2 foot extension when we did our original selections but were kindly informed "nope". So I was excited that they will be offering a 2 foot extension, so I quickly sent a note to our SR to see can we could have the extension who followed up with the cost manager. Much to  my disappointment the response is still a "no".  

Anywho, still excited about the new house just wish we could have those extra 2 feet in the garage.  That, a porch (hubby overruled adding more cost) and a patio off the morning room (another denied request).

4 comments:

  1. I wish we could get everything that we want but sometimes we have to compromise. I personally didn't want a porch since I never sat on the one in my last house. I sit on the patio set in the backyard.

    I would love a bigger garage too but you can always ask for 2 extra feet of concrete poured on the side of the driveway. They will usually accomodate that request.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely asking for the extra width on the driveway just need to get creative with storage in the garage. Can't wait for them to get started, Yeah!!

      Delete
  2. Tosha, are you saying that they now offer the 2 feet extension to the garages in your community? How come they denied the request. It is your lot placement? There are some things they can do; but it just depends on how important it is for you to have it.

    Our elevation C did not include a porch; however, we requested a porch since we could not get the elevation E that automatically comes with the porch. It took 8 weeks, but we got it. Once they started to build, the permit came back stating that they had to move the house back 5 feet to accommodate the porch on our property line because otherwise, it was encroaching on Lot #27. I really wanted to have the porch and I am so happy we did not GIVE UP! It reminds me of the days growing up on the stoop in New York. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2 feet extension is part of the Ravenna update (which has been on the website for several weeks now) however they said this change has not been rolled out yet in our community so they not available as an option (standard or non-standard). We have a pre-construction today so I will definitely be asking again.

      I keep "whining" to the hubby I really want a front porch because something about it says home to me but every budget has a ceiling and he keeps me grounded :-).



      Delete