Monday, April 1, 2013

A quick update and Top 5 reasons our Sales Rep is the best

Drove by the lot after work and they have removed the forms from the foundation and saw lots of elbows and pipes for plumbing. We are suppose to have great weather this weekend so hopefully we'll continue to see progress on the house.


So in addition to sharing a quick update on the build progress my hubby and I thought we would share our top 5 reasons why we have enjoyed working with our sales rep (referred to as AW to respect her privacy)


5. She's great at her job -  My husband and I have always known we would move from our previous house and would on occasion visit model homes of various builders. AW did a great job of asking the right questions so that she could present the purchase opportunity in a manner that was relevant to us. And obviously it worked because we signed a contract to build our Ravenna.

4.Very knowledgeable - This is the second home we have built so there are some lessons we learned along the way. Many options we wanted assurance we would still have and many we wanted to make sure we did not repeat. AW was very knowledgeable about the construction of the home and any question she could not answer she would seek the answer to find out. 

3. Patient - Oh my word the sheer number of questions and change orders we sent her way, I figured at some point she would just send us away. But not AW she helped us through the process, answered every question as we tried to decipher the option list. And the change orders, at this point I can't count how many times we changed elevations

2. Great Communication - Often times sales reps tend to ignore me and communicate with my hubby only. However AW was very diligent about communicating with both of us.  She has been very accessible throughout the process and responded as quickly as possible. 

1.  Personable  - Not only has she met our requests and fulfilled her role as a sales rep but more importantly she has exhibited kindness, endured my husbands kooky sense of humor and is now a friend to the family.



So if anyone is building a home in SW Ohio let us know and we can email you her contact information.

4 comments:

  1. We're building in SW OH too.

    I would be happy with some sort of progress. We are doing our Pre-con meeting on Wed and do not even have stakes on our lot. We're supposed to break ground on April 15th, hopefully that doesn't slip.

    I've been watching some other builds in our neighborhood. As soon as they begin framing...holy smokes, those houses go up fast. That's going to be a great feeling and I hope it will make this all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The process is definitely intense, your go from super excited to impatient. Oh and once they start you want them to work around the clock. I am looking forward to see it look like a house and not dirt :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome Tosha! I had no time to go down this weekend ;( trying to what til Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the rate your going I think your build will be done before us. Can't wait to see the differences in your Ravenna version. Congrats on all your progress

      Delete