So now we embark on the part of the journey when all the things that make this come together. I stopped by the house yesterday and the garage was filled with cabinets, interior doors, trim, etc. The drywall guys were there sanding all the walls and you really have to applaud them for doing that job. They were covered from head to toe almost in drywall dust. I will gladly keep my day job.
I walked around the house to get a preliminary idea of future landscape placements. In our last house I planted 6 trees and I plan to do the same in our new home. It will be so nice when we get to that point.
This will be a busy next few weeks based on the update from our PM:
- Finish drywall today
- Paint and floor prep tomorrow
- Floor installed on Thursday
- Trim and cabinets on Monday
- Driveway next week
Our experience thus far has been great and our PM is working his way to all 10s.
It's exciting but bittersweet because now there will be no after work family visits as they are now locking the house. I'm sure this will mean my husband will now leave work early and go during the day while the work is being done. He likes to check out everything.


Oh man locked doors that sucks!!! but you will have the final keys soon!
ReplyDeleteOnce they deliver your interior goodies they are supposed to lock up the place to prevent theft. Our SR should have a key and we can visit on weekends or schedule informal walk through with the PM.
DeleteHow's your build going? Has drywall started yet?
I am surprised ours hasn't been locked yet. Our pm said that if we check all the doors that one will probably be left open by some random worker, but he is also scheduling some informal meetings with us before the final walk through for us to go over details. I hope you will still be able to check things out regularly. So exciting seeing all the goodies arrive!
ReplyDeleteA lot of the time the doors are left open...always worth a try!!
ReplyDeleteHey Tosha!!
ReplyDeleteJust joined your blog.... Beautiful home you got there!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Loved your brick color....
You've got a lot of action!!! We are a few step behind you... http://ryanhomeslincolnshire.blogspot.com/
Happy Building!!